THE MISSION OF THE NEWTON ELPAC IS TO WORK TO PROMOTE MULTILINGUAL AND MULTICULTURAL VALUES FOR ALL STUDENTS AND TO AID IN THE INTEGRATION PROCESS OF NEW ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS INTO THE NEWTON COMMUNITY.
(1) Promote a network of parents of multilingual children, and provide a forum to share information.
(2) Advise the School Committee and the Directors of English Language Learning on the development and evaluation of programs as well as long range planning.
(3) Advocate for standardization and seek to create partnerships with teachers, parents and/or students.
(4) Promote communication between ELPAC members and local, state, and national organizations, councils and groups. Conduct site visits of other schools or districts to learn about new resources, programs, and methodologies.
(5) Promote communication and information to parents, students, educators and professionals to advocate for multiculturalism and multilingualism. There are benefits to becoming bilingual or multilingual and also numerous benefits to maintaining a heritage language. We will explore and potentially introduce a plan to teach and maintain other languages.
COVID-19 vaccine frequently asked questions in multiple languages on the state website – welcome to take a look for more information
National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
Next ELPAC Meetings- All are welcome
Coffee Time with ELPAC!
When June 8, 2021 5:PM (EDT)
Meeting ID: 881 6855 5974
What: Come to learn about becoming an ELPAC board member, chat with other ELL parents, or just learn more about ELPAC! Please join us!
Please RSVP. Interpreters for small groups may be provided with RSVP.
Future Meeting Dates: ELPAC has also set meeting dates for the rest of the year. Please mark them on your calendars.
Reach out to the ELPAC board members with any questions: email@example.com
We hope to see you on Zoom soon!
ELPAC Board members:
Angie Kim, Chairperson
Lyubov Arhangelskaya, Chairperson
Ming Yan, Secretary
Marie Lundbak Eriksen, At-Large Board Member
Cheng Chang, At-Large Board Member