THE MISSION OF THE NEWTON ELPAC IS TO WORK TO PROMOTE MULTILINGUAL AND MULTICULTURAL VALUES FOR ALL STUDENTS AND TO AID IN THE INTEGRATION PROCESS OF NEW ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS INTO THE NEWTON COMMUNITY.
(1) Promote a network of parents of multilingual children, and provide a forum to share information.
(2) Advise the School Committee and the Directors of English Language Learning on the development and evaluation of programs as well as long range planning.
(3) Advocate for standardization and seek to create partnerships with teachers, parents and/or students.
(4) Promote communication between ELPAC members and local, state, and national organizations, councils and groups. Conduct site visits of other schools or districts to learn about new resources, programs, and methodologies.
(5) Promote communication and information to parents, students, educators and professionals to advocate for multiculturalism and multilingualism. There are benefits to becoming bilingual or multilingual and also numerous benefits to maintaining a heritage language. We will explore and potentially introduce a plan to teach and maintain other languages.
COVID-19 vaccine frequently asked questions in multiple languages on the state website – welcome to take a look for more information
National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
Next ELPAC Meetings- All are welcome
Date: Thursday, February 3, 2022
Time: 6:30-8:00PM on Zoom
Meeting ID: 829 8462 6658
- Newton Free Library Resources (Presenter: Andrew Shapira, ELL and Literacy Coordinator at Newton Free Library)
- ACCESS Testing (Presenter: Allison Levit, Director of ELL Programs)
Please RSVP here: https://forms.gle/83UWFE61itEPmCKX8
Mandarin, Japanese, and Spanish interpretation will be available. If you need interpretation, please RSVP with the language by January 31.
The remaining dates for ELPAC meetings this year are: April 7 & June 2.
Elections: Please fill out the nomination form if you would like to be nominated to join the board.
Reach out to the ELPAC board members with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you on Zoom soon!
ELPAC Board members:
Angie Kim, Chairperson
Lyubov Arhangelskaya, Chairperson
Ming Yan, Secretary
Marie Lundbak Eriksen, At-Large Board Member