THE MISSION OF THE NEWTON ELPAC IS TO WORK TO PROMOTE MULTILINGUAL AND MULTICULTURAL VALUES FOR ALL STUDENTS AND TO AID IN THE INTEGRATION PROCESS OF NEW ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNERS INTO THE NEWTON COMMUNITY.
(1) Promote a network of parents of multilingual children, and provide a forum to share information.
(2) Advise the School Committee and the Directors of English Language Learning on the development and evaluation of programs as well as long range planning.
(3) Advocate for standardization and seek to create partnerships with teachers, parents and/or students.
(4) Promote communication between ELPAC members and local, state, and national organizations, councils and groups. Conduct site visits of other schools or districts to learn about new resources, programs, and methodologies.
(5) Promote communication and information to parents, students, educators and professionals to advocate for multiculturalism and multilingualism. There are benefits to becoming bilingual or multilingual and also numerous benefits to maintaining a heritage language. We will explore and potentially introduce a plan to teach and maintain other languages.
COVID-19 vaccine frequently asked questions in multiple languages on the state website – welcome to take a look for more information
National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
Next ELPAC Meetings- All are welcome
Please join the next ELPAC (English Learner Parent Advisory Council) Community meeting.
Date: December 14, 2021
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID:847 9187 2598
Topics: Holiday Activities, Using Aspen, and Elections
Elections: Please fill out the nomination form if you would like to be nominated to join the board.
Reach out to the ELPAC board members with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you on Zoom soon!
ELPAC Board members:
Angie Kim, Chairperson
Lyubov Arhangelskaya, Chairperson
Ming Yan, Secretary
Marie Lundbak Eriksen, At-Large Board Member